Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CSA training

puakahaulelio
Explorer C

Does anyone know how long the CSA new hire training class is in Dallas? 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: CSA training

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@puakahaulelio All CSA new hires are required to attend 8-10 days of classroom training in Dallas, which is paid. The remainder of training will be on the job in their station, with the entire training process taking around two months. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

puakahaulelio
Explorer C

Aloha and mahalo from Honolulu, Hawaii. 

puakahaulelio
Explorer C

Aloha from Honolulu Hawaii.

Do you know when the next new CSA new hire class will be in Dallas? And do they have new hire classes every month? 

Mahalo and aloha, Pua Heart 

js227
Explorer B

I got a start date from my recruiter but idk what happens after that. How soon would I go into training in Dallas after getting a start date?

quincilla
Adventurer B
Solution

Isn't your start date the day you fly to Dallas?

js227
Explorer B

That's what I'm trying to figure out? I mean that's fine if it is...I'm just trying to be as prepared as I can be.

quincilla
Adventurer B

Yes, I thought your start date was the date you are going to be in Dallas. What start date do you have? The only thing I think of is that the start date could possibly change between now and then depending on what happens with getting the class scheduled, but they would let you know that as well @js227 

Good Luck!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @js227,

Most of our roles start Day 1 in Dallas. However, a select few do start at the station and then come to Dallas for training. I would recommend reaching out to your Recruiter or Employment Coordinator for more information about your specific situation. Welcome to the Southwest Family!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

London87
Explorer A

Is this training schedule going to be the same for new hires or is this information outdated? I start training soon and want to know if i will spending a month in another state to train so i can plan accordingly if possible