Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CSA

dkaeding1
Explorer C

Today SW released position open for Supervisor CS in Chicago.  I read the description,  requirements and skills needed.  I felt very confident with my experience, and resume to be considered at least for an interview. I completed the application, hit submit and immediately I received an Emil back saying my application was reviewed and it did not meet the requirements for position.?????? I triple checked first.  What gives here? So disappointed. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CSA

dfwskier
Aviator A

This happens all he time and likely has nothing to do with your background.

Does the position require that you are an Illinois  resident ? Are you?

Did the position require you to go somewhere for training? did you agree to do so?

Those are the types of things that cause an autp reject.

dkaeding1
Explorer C

yes, I did select yes to all of them.  I am ready and willing to do whatever they need me to do.  I answered honestly and all the questions completely.  I did not select anything that would have prevented the application to get a, "thanks but no thanks" banner in the response email which literally was seconds.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @dkaeding1!

Thanks so much for reaching out & for your interest in a Career with Heart! 

I did some digging, and I see that the Supervisor Customer Service-Chicago MDW position you applied for had this question in the application process:

"If you are not selected for this job posting, you will not be eligible to reapply for this position in Chicago MDW for 12 months from the day of interview

Have you been interviewed by phone or in-person and not selected for the Customer Service Supervisor position in Chicago MDW in the last 12 months?"

You responded "yes" to this question, which marked your application ineligible to proceed. I certainly regret any confusion there. We'd love to see you join our family once that 12 month timeline has passed, or maybe in a different opportunity that catches your eye. We post new positions every day, and we truly do appreciate your interest!

dkaeding1
Explorer C

Thank you for the response, that is very interesting.  I even checked the review of my information before hitting submit and that was not marked yes.   I did not mark yes to "have been interviewed in the last 12 months" so I am not sure why it changed after I submitted.  Is there anyway I can contact HR to discuss the glitch in reporting?  I feel that it is not really fair that I am disqualified for an error that I did not make.  

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

So glad to review with you!

Unfortunately, there's not a way to modify questionnaire answers after you click submit. You're welcome to reapply if one of your responses was in mistake - you may have to use a different email address to do so. We always recommend for Candidates to be extra careful in that step - misclicks happen all the time!

edit: Hey again, @dkaeding1! I did some extra digging into this opening, and I do believe there's an internal issue with the questionnaire scoring! I will follow up with you with more details ASAP! 

dkaeding1
Explorer C

That would be awesome! Thanks so much!  Looking forward !! 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Good morning, @dkaeding1

There was a complication on our end, and our Team is working to correct that now and begin reviewing applications. Your application would still be eligible, based off of the initial questionnaire, and our Recruiters hope to have the opportunity to connect with & get to know you! Keep an eye on your email inbox (and any spam/junk folders, just in case!) for communication soon. 
Thanks again for the opportunity to fix this and for your interest in joining the Family! ❤️

dkaeding1
Explorer C

Thank you so much ♥️

chrissyrobins
Explorer C

Thank you for the information @adrienneb . because I received a message as well. I carefully answered questions and I know I’m qualified. Please let me know when you do receive more information about the possible glitch. Thank you in advance and have a good night.