Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

California Residents: Apply to be a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Due to an overwhelming interest in the Flight Attendant - California role, the position is now closed on our Careers site.

Please continue to update your profile in our Talent Community to learn of upcoming Southwest Airlines job opportunities.

Are you dreaming of a career as a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines and currently reside in the state of California? Do you have a desire to deliver the Legendary Customer Service and Hospitality Southwest is known for while providing a Safe travel experience? Creative announcements, constant smiles, and top-notch Customer Service skills are just a few traits that factor into being a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant.

We’re looking for the best of the best! Apply on Thursday, May 13, 2021, at 12:00pm CDT (10am PDT).

To apply

• We recommend creating a resume in basic formatting (Word or PDF) ahead of posting window.
  • Once the position posts, ALL interested and qualified applicants residing in the state of California will then need to go to Careers.Southwestair.com to apply for the job.
  • We will only be opening this role for a short period of time, and recommend anyone who is interested and qualified apply as soon as they can as to not miss the application window.

What happens next?

• After completing the application process on our Careers site, all applicants will receive a confirmation email. If you don’t receive a confirmation email, we recommend checking your spam/junk folder for communication. Applicants who do not meet the requirements will be notified via email.
  • Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screen in the order their application was received. The length of this process will be determined by the volume of applicants who apply. We expect the interview process will continue through 2021, and ask for your patience as we give each candidate thoughtful consideration.
  • Successful phone screen applicants will be invited to a virtual panel interview.

Do you have questions? Explore our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.

We hope to see your application soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers
12 REPLIES 12

Re: California Residents: Apply to be a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Wahoo!!!! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

andrewebb
Explorer C

Why only California residents? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Don't know for sure, but I suspect that all new hires will be stationed at bases in California.

Ergo, California hires might make sense.

joannaf
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @andrewebb 

Our Company is still recovering from impacts on the business given the pandemic; therefore, we took a careful and measured approach to hiring Flight Attendants by limiting the number of Candidates per posting and optimizing base placement geographically.

We understand that you may be interested in future Inflight opportunities and would encourage you to join our Talent Community so that you may be notified of upcoming opportunities. 

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines!

Joanna F.

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

I successfully submitted my application for the CA position on May 13th.  Are the F2F interviews in Dallas on hold due to the pandemic?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @GOFORIT, If you have applied for any position at Southwest Airlines, keep an eye on the email you provided. All communication and information for interviews and the hiring process will be communicated to you via email or directly from a Recruiter. 

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines and best of luck in your endeavors!

Joanna F.

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

Thank you for reaching out, Joanna! 

Sheralka
Explorer C

Hello my name is Sheralka and I’m super excited to know that Southwest is hiring flight attendants again! However I did miss the opportunity to apply on May 13. So will the position be open for California residents again? I did join the talent community already but I’m just wondering if I just missed my chance lol. Also, would I be able to apply to flight attendant positions in other states ?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Sheralka 

That's great that you have joined our Talent Community! We certainly appreciate your interest in hoping to become a part of the Team at Southwest Airlines. We do not currently have any flight attendant positions open; however, many of our positions close quickly due to the high volume of candidates we receive. 

You are able to apply to any position that aligns with your skills and interest and where you meet the qualifications listed on the job description. For instance, the last Flight Attendant posting, one of the qualifications was that you had to be a resident of California. Keep an eye on emails from our Talent Community and I'd also encourage you to regularly check the Careers site. 

Best of luck on your endeavors! 

Joanna F.