Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can a pilot get a flight schedule that will work with a week on week off child custody>

john54321
Explorer C

Hi,

I am a pilot.  I am looking for an airline that it is possible to work every other week.

I understand that the first couple of years that will not work since I will not be very senior, but is that something that can work in the long run.  My ex is willing to work with me for the first couple of years.  I appreciate any and all feedback.  I live in Baltimore and would want my hub to be there.  Can you please explain how the schedules work at Southwest and how likely a week on week off schedule would work.

Thank you so much for your help.

John

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can a pilot get a flight schedule that will work with a week on week off child custody>

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @john54321!

Thank you for your interest in flying for Southwest Airlines! Unfortunately, our collective bargaining agreement prohibits us from being able to set a guaranteed schedule. However, you do have the ability to build your own schedule by giving away or trading your trips, depending on the needs of the operation. I hope that we will see your application soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers