Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can we conclude 'Closed Complete' = kiss of death?

Lalivero
Explorer A

Note: This isn't meant to discourage anyone; it's to try to lighten the load for those that have seen this on their dashboard. Anyone with a different experience can jump in.

I haven't seen anyone have anything positive to say about 'Closed Complete' as an app status. This seems to be cemented after seeing a mod reply once that it's a 'normal application status' with pretty much no further comment.

Just wanted to say I hope anyone who sees this doesn't have all their eggs in one basket because, while you truly never know until you get a confirmation, it does seem to be the last stop to a tbnt email from personal experience.

Keep your options open(other SWA opportunities ofc 😉 ). I've applied a few times and, while I have sadly been passed up after getting the above status each time 😞 , that hasn't stopped me from applying to new openings.

Hope everyone lands the job they want! Cat Happy 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can we conclude 'Closed Complete' = kiss of death?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing your experience so others can know what they might run into.  Keep trying and best of luck to you.

--TheMiddleSeat

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Lalivero  you have a great attitude. Keep it up and it will pay off sooner than later. Good luck to you and your future. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Shayentsang
Explorer A

I will find out tomorrow!  When I got off of work today I had a voicemail from a recruiter in Atlanta from Southwest.  I completed my f2f a couple weeks ago.  I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with her, but my application does say closed complete.  It seems like a good thing that she wants me to call her back tomorrow.  I didn't get a rejection email or a voicemail saying they had chosen someone else.  I'm trying not to get too excited in case it is a courteous rejection call.    I will let you know tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed, and probably not sleeping tonight lol.  Luv to all!!! -Shay

Shayentsang
Explorer A

Hi again guys!!!  So I wasn't hired for the ramp agent position, they called because they want me to  be an Operations Agent!!!  I don't even have to interview again!!!  Wow!!!  So yes "closed complete" for the ramp job because I didn't get that one.  But omg I'm just through the roof about getting the OA position, this is life changing for me!!!!  Thanks luvs!!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Shayentsang wrote:

Hi again guys!!!  So I wasn't hired for the ramp agent position, they called because they want me to  be an Operations Agent!!!  I don't even have to interview again!!!  Wow!!!  So yes "closed complete" for the ramp job because I didn't get that one.  But omg I'm just through the roof about getting the OA position, this is life changing for me!!!!  Thanks luvs!!!!

Great news!

Congrats to you!!!

Abarritt
Explorer B

How exciting! I am in the process for an OA too! I was hired but going through the backround portion now!

Shayentsang
Explorer A

Good job and good luck luv!!!

Abarritt
Explorer B

I got my start date of January 13th!

Lalivero
Explorer A

Though it appears to be accurate it looks like they still wanted you onboard for another opportunity so wow, congrats, mah friend! ^.^ I wouldn't have been able to sleep either, haha, but it sounds like it was totally worth it at any rate. xD