Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chicago MDW Ramp Agent opportunity

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Hello Chicagoland peeps! If you've ever dreamed of working outside during the winter in Chicago, here's an opportunity for you! Smiley LOL

Southwest posted a full-time Ramp Agent opportunity at MDW today. You can find it here:
https://careers.southwestair.com/job/22792/Ramp-Agent

I've worked the ramp at other airlines and, to be honest, it's the best job at any airline. You get to work outside around the aircraft and get paid for getting tan (Jun-Sep) and fit!

If you have a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart, and Fun-luving Attitude and just need an opportunity to get your foot in the door at Southwest, this is a great place to start!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Chicago MDW Ramp Agent opportunity

KAW
Explorer C

I was wondering if Southwest hires full and part time from this job posting or is there another posting for Part time Ramp agent.

If there is another posting for part time Ramp agent is there any indication of when that position will be offered.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

If the position is posted as full-time, that is likely all that is available.

However, once a new-hire Ramp Agent passes the mandated probationary period (6 months, I think), the position allows a lot of schedule flexibility through shift trades with other agents. So, even if you're hired as a full-time Ramp Agent, you are eventually able to give some of your shifts away to other agents to better accommodate your schedule.

James35
Explorer C

I put in my application for the full time position as a ramp agent for MDW yesterday when it first opned. How long will i have to wait to hear from them.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@James35 wrote:

I put in my application for the full time position as a ramp agent for MDW yesterday when it first opned. How long will i have to wait to hear from them.

It varies from position to position but my experience is that either a phone call or e-mail is received within 1-3 weeks. Since Southwest has already unposted the position, I suspect notifications will begin sooner rather than later.

SamirD
Explorer C

I applied at the same time but for part time. I was interview 6/30 and received offer today 8/17.