Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

City code testing process??

desmondrl
Adventurer A

I searched and searched, but can't find it again -

Someone's post had info regarding the city code test. It didn't give specifics, but that the practice/learning was done on paper, in alphabetical order by code, but the test was broken up into sections.

Is the test timed? Is it on the computer?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: City code testing process??

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Paper practice was mostly alphabetical by code. The final test on the computer is broken up by regions. As for being timed, I'm pretty sure it was timed, but you'll be given so much time that you won't even have to worry. There is no reason to rush. 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@TPArampgirl , thank you! I had a feeling it probably was, but wanted to make sure.

Jlogan08
Explorer A

Question, do you only get one shot at taking the test? I read in previous comments that you test at the end of the first week. Do you have to score at least an 80 to proceed or do you have to score at least an 80 at the end of training in Dallas? 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You have to pass it in that first week to proceed. I would recommend studying beforehand if you are not familiar with airport codes already. Its a lot to take in if you try to learn them all the first week.

Jlogan08
Explorer A

Thank you 😊 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@TPArampgirl I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared for the city code test. From my searching, I've come up with 121 city codes for Southwest. Is that correct? If there are more, can you point me in the right direction to a complete list? I saw on another post someone said they had to memorize 240 city codes! If that's the case, I'm only half way there!!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It's definitely not 240, lol. It's somewhere around 122. It depends on if they are adding the new routes to the test. I don't remember how I got to this page, but if you Google: 'Southwest Airlines Where We Fly', you'll find the official list I used to study. It should take you to a Southwest Airlines website called 'Where We Fly'. 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@TPArampgirl @*whew*!! Thank you!