Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Closed Complete status

Kahiau51
Explorer C

I just checked my status of my application and it says "Closed Complete". I applied on April 14 and got a email on April 23rd and it stated 

Hello Kahiau,

Thank you for your interest in the Ramp Agent!

We know this position is important to you, so we wanted to provide an update as soon as possible: now that the posting has closed, we are beginning to review applications and are planning to provide a further update to you by the near future!

My status on the dashboard says "closed complete" I've been reading threads about this and some say its a glitch and some say its not and that someone will email or call me if I didn't get the position. I have not gotten an email or call so im getting a little concerned that I didn't get it but I dont wanna discourage myself yet. If anyone could help with this or give me information on who to call to check the status I would greatly appreciate it. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Closed Complete status

bec102896
Aviator A

Before the hiring freeze closed complete means you were not selected to move on in the hiring process or they no longer need someone to fill that position. 

With it possibly being a glitch I haven't seen any reports of that however it is possible so maybe in a week check back but usually closed complete means you were not selected to move on. 

-Blake 

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kahiau51 , 

Thanks so much for reaching out about this! The communication you received is a courtesy update to let you know that the recruiting team has started reviewing applications.  You should still receive follow-up communication with either an invitation for a phone interview or an update letting you know if you're no longer being considered. 

Do you mind sending over the req# that you're in and your first & last name? Please private message me and I'll look into this for you! 

Joanna F.

Kahiau51
Explorer C

I received an email saying 

Hello Kahiau,

Thank you so much for your interest in the Ramp Agent position! We are humbled that you are interested in a career at Southwest Airlines and that you would consider us a prospective place to work.

Since our practice is to review applications in the order they are received, we think it is only fair to let you know that we have received more applications than needed to fill the position, and we will not be moving forward with your application at this time.

But I applied for the part time position also and then 2 days later the full time position went from “closed/complete” to “in progress “ and the part time position says the same “in progress” so I’m confused haha . I don’t know how to work this site yet haha I don’t know how to private message you. 

joannaf
Employee
Employee

HI @Kahiau51

You will receive communication specific to each position/requisition you apply for. I did learn that there was a little glitch where some statuses with the Full-Time requisition changed from "closed/complete" to "in progress" when it should have remained as "closed/complete".  Apologies for the confusion, but the communication you received was correct. 

As for the part-time ramp agent role - you would receive specific communication to that role if you haven't already. Keep an eye on your email as all specific job communication does get sent to the email on file. 

Thanks again for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines and best of luck on your endeavors! 

Joanna F.