Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Closed/Complete

JulieA85
Explorer B

Does anyone know why an application goes from "Received Submission" to "Closed/Complete" so quickly? I recently applied to a position and I meet all the necessary requirements, but my status changed within a few hours. It doesn't say that you're required to currently to live in the state and I'm willing to move. I'm not seeing any disqualifications that would have put me out of the running so quickly.

Can being "overqualified" disqualify me from consideration? The position asked for a high school degree and a bachelor's degree. I have both degrees and some additional education. If anyone could shine a little light on the subject, that would be great.

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Closed/Complete

williamh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Julie. Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest! Generally, when an application goes from received to closed very quickly it means that the candidate did not meet the requirements we lay out in the prescreening questions, things like 'are you 18' or 'do you have at least X years experience for this role.' Since we receive so many applications, it's important that we use prescreening questions to avoid wasting any applicant's time while they wait to hear back from us. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to join us this time, but I hope we'll be able to welcome you to our Team someday soon! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

Re: Closed/Complete

JulieA85
Explorer B

Thank you!