Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Closed Complete

Pambo4256
Explorer B

Good Saturday afternoon everyone!  I applied to the Customer Service Agent position for CMH on 2/16/22.  It read "Received Submission" until yesterday, and now it reads "Closed Complete."  Does this mean that my  application/resume is still being considered or that they have filled the position and I am no longer in contention?  I have read conflicting information in this careers forum, and I was hoping for clarification.   The REQ number is 2022-37800.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Closed Complete

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

From my understanding, Closed Complete means that the position has been filled and review of applicants has completed. I’m sure many more opportunities will come your way! Never give up! It might take weeks, months, or even years to land a position at SWA but trust me - it’s worth the wait, and if it’s destined to happen, it will happen!

Pambo4256
Explorer B

@FlyWithLUV, thank you for responding!  And while I tend to agree, I've also read other posts (from SWA employees) that disagree.  And that's why I was looking for clarity!  If you go back to 05/09/2021 in a post from @Kahiau51, they were asking a similar question and there are a couple of responses from @joannaf that make me believe that closed complete could mean something else.  I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I don't want to let this dream go!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Pambo4256
Explorer B

@TPArampgirl, that's what I'm not sure of!  Again, it's so hard to accept that the job just closed!  My dashboard read "received submission" for so long, and then out of the blue, it goes to "closed complete" without a word!  I've been following your journey and wish you the best of luck!  Congrats on your job!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Don't give up! I'm sure you'll hear something soon. The Careers page always has postings so keep your eyes peeled. 

Pambo4256
Explorer B

Is there any way to get an actual employee to respond to this thread?  While I do appreciate the responses, I just want the information straight from the top!  I know I got the application in very soon after the job was posted and I know I am more than qualified (several years of prior airline experience).  Thank you to everyone that has responded.  This is a great group!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Employees do respond, but it's rare, and they don't respond to everyone. Your best bet is just to wait for a follow-up email from SW.