Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Contact from Southwest

Carlh
Explorer C

I received an email from Southwest Careers that said someone from Southwest had talked to me.  But I haven’t talked to anyone.  What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Contact from Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

reply to the e-mail???

Carlh
Explorer C

It says the email box doesn’t accept mail.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

If it's from SW there will be an email address that you can send questions to at the bottom. It will be written in blue.  

Carlh
Explorer C

I did that already.  This was the reply I got…

Sorry we missed your email! 

Please note:  This mailbox is for technical issues related to the online application process only.  We are unable to accept resumes or answer job status questions.

If the position you're interested in isn't open at this time please join our Talent Community, which lets our Recruiters know you're interested in learning about future positions in this career field. In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, we accept applications for a specific position only when the job listing is active on our Careers page. 

I have called the corporate number that I found online.  I have tried the bot chat that one automatic email suggested.  I have called the I-Fly-SWA number and got a different corporate number.  They said come here.  I have replied to every email that has been sent to me, but still haven’t had the chance to communicate what happened to anybody. 

Thanks for your help,

Carl

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

This website is mainly job applicants and regular customers. Every once in a while there will be an employee that replies, but it's not often. 

In all my SW emails, there is an email address at the bottom. I've never hit the reply button. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it in these posts. 

cjhgoestopuj
Explorer C

I have been waiting to receive a satisfactory communication from Southwest for weeks now.  

I have been an extremely loyal customer, RR member for 25 years, and feel so disappointed.  On 2/19 I arrived at the airport a little late for a flight to Punta Cana.  I checked in, they took our baggage and we proceeded to TSA.  IT was packed.....5:00 in the morning and the first day of the local school vacation week.  When we got to the gate the plane was still there. The SW employee closed the door and instructed us to go to the nearby desk.  (Now, we made these round trip reservations the day the time period opened up for reservations. )  At the desk we were told that they could fly us to Punta Cana on February 25th.  Of course our return flight was on February 26th!  This trip had been a year in the making, long anticipated by 12 of us!  Ten were on the plane asking the crew to wait for us. NOPE. To salvage our vacation we went to the jetblue desk.  We had to UBER to Boston but managed to get a direct flight, hoping, but not confident, that our luggage would still be in Punta Cana.  So after an extra long day of travel we finally got to Punta Cana and attempted to find our luggage.  It was interesting that Southwest was glad to let the others in our party collect our luggage but made no effort to contact us.  And they did not page us at the airport when we were late to the gate.  Thinking we could relax once we got to our resort it all the stress began to dissolve.  Until I logged into Southwest to check into our return flight.  I was told I had no reservations with southwest!  

Southwest cancelled our return flights stating that we were "no shows".  (It cost us an extra $3000, and we had to extend our stay for 3 days.)  And so, I was a no show but my luggage was not?  Yup, they refunded the cost of the flight.  Big whoop.  Yup, they tell me my business is important to them.  Big whooping lie!  It bothers me a lot because I have been very loyal for years!  They tell me they "regret the inconvenience".  I have 3 cases open with them.  They flew my luggage to a foreign country!  They knew we were there.  They offered us a flight 6 days later even though my luggage was going to be there for a week, potentially unattended.  How does this happen?

Tmike92
Adventurer B

You’re in the wrong forum.