Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Crew Scheduling

Rheinmain2001
Explorer C

I was turned down for crew Scheduling today. I have 21 years experience in the USAF and 5.5 years experience as a crew scheduler. Your web site states you take care of veterans. Not to mention I do have experience at that position. Why didn’t you consider me for that position?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Crew Scheduling

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum so you won't get a reply from Southwest here.  Have you ever thought that perhaps there are other people with your same qualifications or even more experience with another airline who applied?

--TheMiddleSeat

Rheinmain2001
Explorer C

I know for a fact they hire people of the street without crew scheduler experience. Currently I have  3 degrees I received during my 21 years of military service. Was a crew scheduler with 6 years experience. Southwest claims on their employee website they take care of experienced veterans. If that was true I would have gotten at least a interview. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I would suggest a different attitude. Southwest and many other companies look for individuals that can fit best with their corporate culture. The entitled personality doesn't tend to do well. Best of luck in your job search.

--TheMiddleSeat

Rheinmain2001
Explorer C

I guess you didn’t see how SW states they take care of Veterans. Very misleading since I meet all their requirements to be a crew scheduler. I also did ask for your opinion. Thanks 

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rheinmain2001 

We appreciate you coming to the Southwest Careers forum to address this, and first would like to thank you for your many years of service to our country. I'm sorry to learn that you were not selected for the Crew Scheduling position with Southwest Airlines at this time. We are very fortunate to receive a high volume of interest for our roles, which can make them very competitive. I would encourage you to set up job alerts for opportunities like this, join our Talent Community and apply again in the future. 

We truly consider it an honor for you, and any candidate, to consider us a prospective place to work, and hope that you will continue to consider us in the future.

Joanna F.

Rheinmain2001
Explorer C

Hello,

I meet all the qualifications to be a crew scheduler at SW. I was a crew scheduler at AA for 5 1/2 years, bachelors degree, and I’m retired military. 

Your web site states you take care of veterans with experience with certain qualifications. 

I meet all the qualifications. I would like to know why SW is not giving me the opportunity to work for your company.

Sincerely,

Marc Lindley 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is s customer forum, you won't get an answer to your question here.

If you were far enough in the process to know the name of your recruiter, you could circle back to that person with your question.

johnsmiths3321
Explorer C

It's impossible to say for sure why you weren't selected for the crew scheduling position. However, there are a few possible reasons, such as:

• Other candidates may have had more experience in a particular area, or may have been a better fit for the company culture.
  • There may have simply been other candidates who were more qualified for the position.

Tips for improving your chances of being selected for a job in the future:

• Tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job you're applying for.
    • Practice your interviewing skills.
    • Follow up with the hiring manager after your interview.

johnsmiths3321
Explorer C

There is an employee scheduling application for Android users, you can track your employees' progress.

Here is the link - https://blackapks.com/en/hotschedules

Give it a try.