Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service Gate Agent

kaijag2
Explorer C

Hello, I am interested in the full time customer service gate agent position in San Diego, CA. How long does it take for applications to be looked over? I have 4 years of customer service experience and have performance and business training. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customer Service Gate Agent

bec102896
Aviator A

@kaijag2

Once the application is submitted it could be a couple weeks to a year or longer (depending on job and number of applications are received) 

the best thing to do is watch your dashboard and watch your email (including spam folder) so you don't miss any communication from Southwest. Be patient it can take time don't freak out if it says received for a month or a few that is normal.  

If you are waiting for a position to open up I recommend creating a profile on the Southwest careers site and sign up for job alerts so they can email you when a position you may be interested in opens up.

hope this helps!

Blake 

bellavia19
Explorer C

good afternoon i applied for the one customer service agent position that came open 2wks ago for the small Syracuse, NY station, is the hiring processes any faster when it's a small airport and its only one position open. it's been about 2wks sense i applied and it still says processing and the job opening has been taken down for a week now? thank you so much for your time and help.

my2angels16
Explorer B

My daughter works at the Syracuse airport for Southwest. It took awhile for her to hear back from them. Just keep checking your dashboard and respond to all emails in a timely manner. 😃