Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Support & Services Representative

carlethia
Explorer C

Good morning, I applied for the position of Customer Support & Service Rep; i really need to know Why I was not along with the candidate's to be invited for an interview? lol. I have the qualifications; so I thought, a BA but, don't understand why I was "unqualified". I fly SWA ALL the time, love them and was hurt i was turned down for this position. Can you please assist me and tell me what could have possibly happened??

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Customer Support & Services Representative

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there, @carlethia.

We appreciate your interest in joining our Southwest Family! I'm sorry to hear you weren't selected for the Customer Support & Services Representative position at this time. The "minimum requirements" are pre-screening questions we ask as you apply. These include questions like "are you 18" or "are you authorized to work in the United States." Sometimes we see Candidates who click through those too fast and select the wrong answer. While we're unable to modify an application that was already submitted, we encourage you to double-check those answers in the future. Thank you again for your consideration - we hope you'll apply again soon!

carlethia
Explorer C

i have always made it appoint to “go over” my applications after filling them out and before submitting them so, are you sure that’s all it was and I have to wait until the position comes out again and if so, when will that be?

carlethia
Explorer C

I’ve seen this exact same answer on another persons questions; with that being said; do you think it could be a “glitch” on SWA system possibly?

Qsantiago
Explorer C

Same happened to me and I double checked before I submitted. And I’m seeing a lot of people saying this. Makes me wonder

Angier76
Explorer C

😞 I also applied as soon as the position was posted I answered all the questions correctly and accurate I guess I was over qualified for southwest 😞 

carlethia
Explorer C

I truly think I was over qualified as well I just didn’t want to say that. How can you not be “qualified” when all is required is a “high school diploma”. 

3luvharris
Explorer C

Same here, I am very careful when submitting anything. I remember the order of the yes and no and I believe there were two questions where the no was on top and I selected carefully. However, I could not upload my resume and there still isn't any record of submission, so I do believe there was a glitch. I hope that the issue is looked into further so we can at least be properly considered for the position.

carlethia
Explorer C

I truly hope things  work out for the both of you & me too!! Lol however, I don’t think your resume not being posted would have been an issue as it wasn’t mandatory…. You’re/we’re not the only 3 to receive that same reply and….. I’m beginning to think that “answer” is a“general” answer & not a glitch because that answer is being given to everyone for an answer that I’ve seen🤷🏼‍♀️..

aleigha27
Explorer B

Was this from the Monday round of applications? They already got back to you that they weren’t interested?!