Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Date Given To Receive Start Date But Date Passed And Nothing Received

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

Okay folks so I recently received an e-mail stating I would receive my start date (DEN Ramp) on 5/9, but 5/9 has come and gone with no start date. The only difference I have noticed is that my Application Status has changed to "In Progress" with no other information. Would anyone happen to have a guess as to why I did not get my start date when I was told I would get it even though there was an application update on the back end? I tried reaching out yesterday but have not gotten a response. Any info would be appreciated. Thank You So Much! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Date Given To Receive Start Date But Date Passed And Nothing Received

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

I would suggest reaching out to your POC (recruiter). If that's who you meant when you said you reached out, I would give it a couple of days to hear back. They're super busy trying to get all of us sorted. My recruiter took about 3 days to reply when I asked about further info regarding my start date. I was overly anxious waiting for that reply, so I totally get how you're feeling (sort of, since your start date has already passed and mine is still up coming). But I would say to give it a couple of days before reaching out again, and keep an eye on your status as you have been. Good luck!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Exactly what @KLaMonica said. This happened to me just the way she described it. SW is hiring a ton of people, and soon it will be your turn. 😊 

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

And it was. My start date is June 20th!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

OMG! YAYYYY! 🥳