Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Days off

Jonathanjones93
Adventurer C

So my first day is February 21 but I have a wedding in April and and my honeymoon in may 1-6 and I already paid for my honeymoon and wedding will they allow me to have my wedding and honeymoon off if I’m a new hire or do I have to see if someone could trade shifts with me or do I have to bid on my schedule

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Days off

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Hi @Jonathanjones93, CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding and new role!!! 

I asked my recruiter about vacation because I have a trip to Disney World scheduled. She advised me that it would be something to ask your leader but she did mention that there are shift swaps that could be available. I would imagine you will be able to take some type of leave/swapping you can utilize. You should have a couple of days of leave that you will be able to use too. 

Congrats again Jonathan and to your bride! May you forever be blessed 🙂 

Teresa

Jonathanjones93
Adventurer C

Ok great cause I put 50 thousand down for our wedding and there’s no refunds so I kind of have to use it and thanks 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

I would make sure on the very first day of training you advise your supervisor and even talk to the station manager about your time off needed. Make sure it's noted somewhere and remind them as the time gets closer. My trainer was a great person to ask for advice and who to talk to if I needed anything. Congrats on your special day and Welcome to the SWA family!