Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Destination 225 - CAUTION

KNB
Explorer C

I just wanted to send a word of caution to any prospective Destination 225 students. After being accepted into Destination 225, I was presented with three forms to sign, one with uncertain terms to my attorney and myself, but specifically stated it was not required to be signed to participate in the program. Knowing this, I proceeded with the other forms and sent a deposit. After executing these forms and some cajoling to get me to sign the original participation form, Daniel Riskey of D225 decided to modify the participation agreement to become required to enter the program. I Informed them that this was unacceptable and requested to withdraw from the program and refund my deposit. They refused. I have filed an Attorney General complaint (22-001634) in Arizona. Assuming this post is not deleted, I will follow up after that investigation.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Destination 225 - CAUTION

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm confused.

The reason I am confused is because of what the Destination 225 website says:

"Reminder: The only way to apply for a job at Southwest Airlines® is through this site.

Fees don’t fly here -- we will never ask for any form of payment for your application or training.*

*Destination 225° is a program of Southwest Airlines and there is no cost to apply; "

Re: Destination 225 - CAUTION

KNB
Explorer C

@dfwskier You are correct; Destination 225 Cadet Pathway is free to apply. Upon acceptance, fees for the course exceed six figures.