Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disqualifying Background Check?

1Carter
Explorer A

Hello,

I am currently going through the onboarding phases as a CSA and I wanted to see if anyone knew some disqualification items on Sterling background check.

1. does mismatched dates on previous jobs disqualify you? 
2. If they can’t find your high school information(graduation) does this disqualify you?

3. Does mentioning an employer is your current employer and Sterling verification disagrees does this disqualify you? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disqualifying Background Check?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You can send Sterling an email and ask. They would be able to answer these questions. 

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@1Carter wrote:

Hello,

I am currently going through the onboarding phases as a CSA and I wanted to see if anyone knew some disqualification items on Sterling background check.

1. does mismatched dates on previous jobs disqualify you? 
2. If they can’t find your high school information(graduation) does this disqualify you?

3. Does mentioning an employer is your current employer and Sterling verification disagrees does this disqualify you? 

I think they give opportunities to correct and or update information I don’t think they will automatically give you the boot (this is just my opinion) I know with me personally it’s hard for  most jobs to find my high school in the data base (why idk) so I now make sure I keep my diploma and transcript on hand. As far as #3 I mean there should be nothing wrong with stating who you currently work for.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP-STAY POSITIVE 😀

1Carter
Explorer A

thank you sm 🤎 currently in this process and I’m so eager to get started lol currently going through the motions. thanks for the positivity. hopefully I will be onboarding soon!

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

With my background check, someone at some point input my social incorrectly which made my check all wonky. SWA contacted me directly to ask if the information was correct. I'm going to assume if there are slight inconsistencies with yours someone would reach out. But I agree that you should reach out to Sterling to make any corrections needed. Good luck!