Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does southwest drug test for alcohol?

xoubie
Explorer C

I just interviewed virtually today for ramp agent and it went really well so I’m kind of expecting to be offered an in person interview. I know there’s a drug test, and they say they test for alcohol. Im a pretty regular consumer of alcohol and I’ve read that alcohol can stay in your system up to 72 hours! I heard there were random drug tests and I’d hate to fail just because of drinking a couple days before. By the way I would never ever drink on the job!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Does southwest drug test for alcohol?

ukashaumar
Explorer C

I totally understand your concerns about the drug test and the possibility of alcohol showing up in your system. It's a good thing you're thinking ahead and being responsible about this. From what I've heard, alcohol can indeed stay in your system for up to 72 hours, so it's important to keep that in mind. If you're worried about passing the drug test, there are a few things you can do. For starters, you could try abstaining from alcohol for a few days before the test. Additionally, staying hydrated and getting plenty of exercise can help your body flush out any toxins more quickly. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of resources out there to help you prepare for a drug test.