Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does the Financial Aid available for the Destination 225 Cover Living Expenses in Phoenix?

nathanm04
Explorer C

I am a student pilot in hope of becoming a pilot for Southwest and I would like to know if the financial aid available for the Destination 225 will cover living expenses when I move to Phoenix?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does the Financial Aid available for the Destination 225 Cover Living Expenses in Phoenix?

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@nathanm04  I’m not 100% certain, but I am thinking no. Check out this info I found:

Is there a fee to apply to the Destination 225° pathways?
There is no cost to apply; however, candidates advancing through the selection process will be responsible for all costs incurred, including but not limited to:

• Obtaining a USA DOT/FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
  • Completing an aptitude assessment
  • Travel & accommodations to and from the testing center
  • Costs associated with the testing and interview process (including travel accommodations)

Once selected, participants will be responsible for all associated costs of the program.

Here is the link for more information:

https://careers.southwestair.com/D225FAQ

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Re: Does the Financial Aid available for the Destination 225 Cover Living Expenses in Phoenix?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @nathanm04,

While you are correct that you are responsible for the costs of the program as well as living expenses for the duration of the program, it is possible to get a housing loan and cost of living stipend as part of your financing. These are discussions you would need to have with CAE and Wells Fargo as you move through the process and would still be subject to approval for the loan.

Kelby
Southwest Careers