Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Dress code

mel1234
Explorer A

What footwear do you guys recommend for CSA?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Dress code

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

I'm not a CSA but I've seen a lot of them wearing either black dress shoes or dark-colored walking shoes. Typically, though, I think any type of closed-toe walking-comfortable footwear would work. Black boots are also allowed.

Desiree00
Adventurer B

5A8E4DC2-C73E-4912-9E55-FB03E2DAE909.png

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I would not take the information from the image posted above. As a CSA, you will be working at an actual airport in front of our customers, so the dress code isn't as lax. Black shoes is the main thing. Comfortable, good for walking/standing. You'll be on your feet a lot, so comfort is key. No open toed shoes/sandals. Did I say comfortable? Lol. 

mel1234
Explorer A

@TPArampgirl thank you!

Desiree00
Adventurer B

This is for Tops only!!! Class 07/11/2022

Desiree00
Adventurer B

I am a remote worker CS&S this is our dress code for training only 

Juliette01
Explorer C

Any recommendation on comfortable shoes for CSA's? I understand all black and comfort is key, arch support, etc.. Which brands are recommended? Please and Thank you. 

Beatriz
Explorer C

Quick question as a part time CSA can you fix your schedule in a way that you can work all your shifts over the weekend? Let’s say Friday 2 shifts, Saturday 2 shift and Sunday one? 

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

Wear super comfortable and supportive black footwear. I would also recommend getting yourself to a Walmart or other retailer that supplies Dr Scholls insoles and use the measurement system they have there to see which Dr Scholls is right for you.

You will NEVER not be standing. Literally, ever. You will always be standing and if you're at the Ticket Counter or BSO, you'll be standing AND throwing bags.

Whenever your start date for Federal Week is, if you're buying a new pair, buy them the week before and start breaking them in. Make sure they're comfortable, supportive, and black. That's it. Your feet, legs, and back will thank you!