Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Eagerly Awaiting

Passion4ppl
Explorer C

Good morning.

I want to first say,  that I have wanted to work for Southwest Airlines for quite some time now. I applied for the Part-time Customer Service Agent position at FLL two years ago and received an email stating that I would  not be moving forward. I recently applied for the same postion again on Feb 21, 2018. It is now April, and I am eagerly awiting an email or phone call from a recruiter. Can someone please tell me  how long does it generally take for a recruiter to reach out if they are interested? Also, what is the hiring process? My application says "submission received". I am super excited to work for Southwest Airlines!  A company that values not only their customers but their employees also.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1

Re: Eagerly Awaiting

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Passion4ppl,

We are so thrilled to hear that you are interested in a Career with us! Expected timelines for a role can vary based on number of applicants, where you are in the applicant pool, and number of roles to be filled. We appreciate your patience as our Recruiters work to sort through applications for this role! 

As far as the hiring process goes, the next step after application would be a phone interview. From there, candidates selected to move forward will be brought in for a face-to-face interview. If a Candidate is selected from their interview, they will then enter the background check phase and, if they pass all of the checks, will ultimately be assigned a start date. We recommend keeping an eye on your email for further communication, both your inbox and your spam/junk box. Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers