Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Emerging Leadership Development Program

Bandy
Adventurer C

Hi Dwight,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to answer either of your questions, but I'm in complete agreement with you regarding the program. I've heard nothing but great things...definitely a program to be excited about!!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dwight77,

We are thrilled to hear that you are excited about our ELDP program! Employees in this program are payed an hourly rate, with the opportunity to work overtime and swap shifts after their training is complete at their Leader's discretion. We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jamesdafinest
Explorer C

Have read the flyer and seem some Youtube videos in regards to this program and have to admit that it sounds interesting. I do have some questions although I cant find answers to.

1) is it only for local residents and/or is re-location assistance provided?

2) during each rotation, is it within the same city or are members expected to relocate again?

3) how does this program differ from the SouthWest Internship programs?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

​​​​​​Hi @jamesdafinest,

Thanks for your interest in our ELDP program! Here are some answers for you:

1. The program is open to anyone authorized to work in the United States. We do offer a few different options for those relocating. More information for that would be available during the process. 
  2. We do attempt to keep people in the same location for the entire 18 months. However, depending on operational needs, participants can be required to move one time during the program (i.e. 6 months spent in one city and 12 in another). Program Participants will know their cities and dates prior to starting so they can make appropriate housing arrangements.
  3. Where full-time positions are not guaranteed to Internship participants, our participants are full-time Southwest Airlines Employees from day one and are placed in a Leadership role throughout the Organization upon completion of the program. ELDP is a fast track Leadership Development Program for individuals interested in front-line airline Leadership, whereas most Internships are concentrated in our Corporate Career opportunities. 

We hope to see your application the next time the ELDP opportunity is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers