Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Eyesight Requirements for Flight Attendants?

ELClark2000
Explorer C

Hello all, I am interested in applying for a Flight Attendant position.  I know for safety reasons, cabin crew need to meet certain vision standards.  With my glasses/contacts, my vision is correctable to 20/20.  However, I've heard that some airlines require my base vision (without corrective methods) to meet certain standards as well.  Namely, I've heard my eyesight has to fall within -/+ 4 to be accepted for positions.  My eyesight falls outside of this range a bit.  Am I able to apply for positions or does this disqualify me?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Eyesight Requirements for Flight Attendants?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As just another customer I cannot answer your questions, but I would suggest you go ahead and apply, then you can discuss it with Southwest if you are selected.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Eyesight Requirements for Flight Attendants?

williamh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Great question! We don't currently have an eyesight restriction in place, but please feel free to bring up your concerns when you speak with a recruiter. We're honored to hear you are interested in joining our Team, and we'd love to get to know you. While we don't have any openings for Flight Attendant positions, we recommend you join our Talent Community in the meantime. That way we can notify you as soon as the position does open again! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers