Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

F2F interview

Tlee
Explorer B

Woohoo I made it to the F2F interview! Does anyone have any information about how this is conducted? I am really excited and hope I get the opportunity to join the call center team in Phoenix!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: F2F interview

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Congratulations on making it to the face-to-face interview!

Assuming that the interviews in Phoenix are conducted the same way as they were in Chicago, you and your fellow candidates will be taken to a "hospitality room" and greeted by a number of Southwest People who can answer your questions about the position and the company. Interact with the Southwest People and your fellow candidates as much as possible.

Be prepared to have your picture taken in front of a Southwest banner with silly props! Part of the Southwest Spirit is a "Fun Luv-ing Attitude" and this is where you can show that you have it.

When it's time to interview, a recruiter will come to the hospitality room, greet you, and take you to the inteview room. Southwest wants People who have the Southwest Spirit...a Warrior Spirit, a Servant's Heart, and a Fun Luv-ing Attitude...and the interview questions emphasize these qualities. There will likely be two interviewers in the room, the recruiter and a supervisor or manager from the call center.

Good luck to you!

Tlee
Explorer B
Solution

Thank you for the info! I will definately let my "Warrior Spirit" shine at my interview! Everyone keeps telling me to relax, you have what they want with!

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Relax and have fun. Let us all know how it turns out.

Tlee
Explorer B

I had my interview and thought it went well so did the recruiter! I was walked out and waited a few minutes and the recruiter returned telling me that the interview went quite well and I would be hearing back within five days, either email or phone if I got the job? So I feel that was just a nice way of saying "Sorry Charlie"! I will not give up on getting hired on with Southwest, I'm sure their are other positions that I can shine in!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tlee,

Congratulations on your interview! I can assure you that was not the Recruiter turning you down; rather, there are specific hiring processes we have that they must follow. Hopefully you will be hearing more from them within the timeline they established with you! Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

azchica
Explorer C

I also made it to the F2F interview and am very nervous for my interview on Tuesday.  Any advice would be much appreciated!!!  Thanks!

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@azchica wrote:

I also made it to the F2F interview and am very nervous for my interview on Tuesday.  Any advice would be much appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Being nervous is a natural part of any interview, but don't worry too much because Southwest interviews are actually FUN! In fact, you'll be expected to show your fun side at the interview.

I recommend learning all you can about Southwest before Tuesday...it's history, it's People, it's business, etc. Here's a good place to start:
http://southwestonereport.com/2017/about-the-report/

I also recommend becoming familiar with the "Southwest Spirit" and reflecting on how you live it.

Best of luck on your interview!

MikeMcL
Explorer C

Thank you for the information! I also have been lucky enough to get a F2F! I appreciate the great information you laid out and have started my research. 

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Good luck on your interviews today! Let us know how they turn out.