Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

FLL/MIA New Hire 3.9.22 Open House

SUSIEANALUVSWA
Explorer B

Hi everyone!!

My name is Susie and I just wanted to share how excited I am for having been given the opportunity to potentially work with Southwest. I have been applying for many years, yes and I will not stop until I am onboard...:)  I was informed about the open house in FLL and decided to go and take my chances to apply and of course brought my son with. He also loves Southwest so he applied. To my disbelief he also was chosen for the next process -and contigently hired...proud mommie.!! 

As we went through the process at the open house, I was a bit nervous but excited to see all the fellow employees volunteering their time. Everyone was so hospitable and greeted us with such open arms and great smiles. 

As we sat in the waiting room looking at so many people applying,I kept reciting to myself how much I desire to be part of this amazing airline. When I was called in to meet the recruiter, (Tamara) her smile wow I can still picture it in my head and automatically felt so confrotable, not nervous , able to by myself, and explain to her why I should be the next Southwest family member.

Of course I talked and talked about everything and anything because that is what I do best...lol 🙂 so I got hired for OPS...lol ,good Customer service with never a lost of words... 🙂

Tamara -the recruiter asked me all the interview questions ,I answered them to the best of my knowledge and how my heart felt about Southwest. I explained how I can be an assest to the company, and with my loving spirit share assistance to everyone with love and respect. 

When we were completed with the questionnaire. I received an email in the chair while we were finishing up our conversation. It said we want to offer you the position of OPS contingent tooo..that is all I read!!.

I was like omg -no way! I started crying, now I’m so nervous I forgot my own name.....jajajja she was smiling and I couldn’t stop crying. It was like I hit the lottery and I dont even play... but I did win that first round. I am still in disbelief that I received that letter.  As of today I am currently waiting on the background and clearing process to come through. I received an email from the peoples department , a few hours after we left the open house, it was a standard letter letting me know they are working on my application. Shorty after that the next day I received another email with notification for my background check. Monday after the weekend I decided to go into my dashboard and check to see any status. It only says it is under review. So I decided to be me and investigate just a little more, so I called sterling and they couldn’t provide me any information. They just replied with an email saying it was completed and I now needed to wait on Southwest to reach me.

Well with that being said since then, me of course  have been waiting and looking at my email 20 times a day and don’t forget the phone calls too...:) LOL!

It is really hard to wait when your so excited, but hey its been many manyy years how much longer can I wait. The Sky is the Limit! 

I have always felt part of SWA LIFE because my boyfriend works for-the company. It’s truly a LUV family airline, with great customer service, tons of fun, amazing rally’s and great people!

I can’t wait to carry my own badge with pride and say I am a Southwest Official Family member. Good luck to everyone who applied. I will continue with my fingers crosssed and looking forward to be working with the best airline in the world as soon as possible! 

LUV Y’all see you soon!! 

Susie-La Dominicana de Florida LUVS SWA LIFE!! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: FLL/MIA New Hire 3.9.22 Open House

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Thanks for sharing!! So happy for you!!

SUSIEANALUVSWA
Explorer B

My pleasure and I can’t wait to start!! 

Mcsuarez29
Explorer A
Solution

Hi Susie!! I went to the event as well and got offered the Ops position too! I will be working at MIA. Congratulations!!!! I felt the same exact way on the day of the hiring event.. everyone was so sweet and welcoming! Hope I get to meet you! -Marisol

SUSIEANALUVSWA
Explorer B

Hi Marisol, It is definitely a pleasure to. Hope we get to see each other at training!  Congratulations to you as well. I am still waiting on my email of confirmation as of today nothing. But I know it a process. 
Have you completed all the steps yet? I saw in the forum someone was already told their training date farely quick. Lucky 🙂 and blessed. 
I am a nervous reck lol. I been applying for a very long time, working with Southwest is going to be a dream come true. I am a other half of an already employee, servicing Southwest for over 15 years. I can tell you I been to the parties going back to when they had them in sea world Florida and they were so fun. Southwest has great benefits for their employees is the only airline that did not let go anyone even when covid hit hard. Employees and customers are not a number but people! That is how is has been treated for so many years at his job, and I want that same feeling for me. He brags about so much and I can’t wait to be that person that does too. Best of luck Mari and see you soon!! 

Re: FLL/MIA New Hire 3.9.22 Open House UPDATE

SUSIEANALUVSWA
Explorer B

Well we’ll!!! I am happy to say that I am officially part of the family!!! I received my congratulations email… again all I read until I called down.. and crying for a little over 30 minutes!!! Happy tears and emotion. 
 God is good and touched those hearts of everyone that worked and is working on my new hire process. 
I wanted to share this message to say keep positive and patient. It is definitely worth the wait.. hunny I am home!! Family ❤️ 

Re: FLL/MIA New Hire 3.9.22 Open House UPDATE

Mcsuarez29
Explorer A

I am so happy for you!!! Feeling extremely blessed to be part of this family.