Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Family

Itwasjesusbro
Explorer C

I will start my Ramp Agent training on February 27th 2023 and just wanted to know besides yourself, your kids and spouse that can fly free, who else can fly for free? Does the parents of my wife and sister counts? Do my parents count?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Family

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I believe its parents, spouse and kids, but be sure to check with HR? 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Itwasjesusbro
Explorer C

Parents on both sides? I'll make sure to check about other siblings but thank you.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Congrats and welcome to the SWA team. Also, was hired for the ramp back in 2021, any questions please be sure to ask. As for Eligible Travelers of Employees here is the list, employee ,spouse, eligible children, parents, committed/registered partners and retirees. Parents of your spouse are not eligible as well as your sister. Hope that helps and once again WELCOME ABOARD! 

Itwasjesusbro
Explorer C

Thank you so much that really helped I appreciate it and I can't wait to start. 

Itwasjesusbro
Explorer C

Can you also fly anywhere you want? Or just specific places?

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

You can fly anywhere in the SWA system as long as there is an open seat for you.

Itwasjesusbro
Explorer C

Is that convenient when you try to travel as a family? Just yourself? What about discounts on flights? Or is that full price for all? My family is 4 of us I don't see it convenient to wait for 4 spots to be open in a last minute flight! I like to plan ahead that means I would probably have to buy tickets instead right?