Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Finally got my training date!

Flyybarbie
Explorer A

Hey guys! I just got my start date on 3/28! I'm suuuper excited!! Does anyone know kw what will happen on the first day at the airport? Like is it just paperwork?? 

Thanks guys!

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Finally got my training date!

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@Flyybarbie 

Which position?

I'll be there in Dallas for Ramp (Tampa)

Flyybarbie
Explorer A

For csa 

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@Flyybarbie 

That's what's up! 🙂

Flyybarbie
Explorer A

Thanks congrats to you as well! Are you training first in Dallas? Or will you be at the airport first ?

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@Flyybarbie 

I'm assuming Dallas first..they haven't mentioned anything else

This Tuesday I'll do my SIDA badge then just wait for information for Dallas.

They'll probably have us in different classroom since your CSA but still congrats to youu!!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I think it depends on your job. From what I've read in past posts, the first few days we will be in a classroom learning SW/FAA rules and regulations. In the onboarding emails, there is a pdf with our training schedule, which doesn't give any specific information about what we are doing on any given day. Lol. Dallas is 2-3 weeks after we start at the airport. Also, it depends on what your position is, how long you're in Dallas. CSA=11 nights. Ramp=4 nights. The Dallas travel info will be given to you by your local SW employee travel person after your start date... I hope we are all in Dallas at the same time. ☺️☺️

Flyybarbie
Explorer A

Thank you so much ❤️  

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl  there's a training schedule before Dallas? Like working ramp before flying out to Dallas? I haven't heard anything.  They just told me the sida badge date and starting date 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It's a pdf link at the bottom of one of the onboarding emails. Actually, there are 2, and they are super small. It doesnt show up as an attachment, weirdly. Like I said, it doesn't give much detail in what happens on any given day. From what I've read, we will do classroom training, then we will rotate through the different positions that are gate side (ticket counter, bag tag, etc), then we move air side for the remainder of the time where we are paired with our mentor and shadow and train with them at the various positions. After 2-3 weeks, we go to TOPS. 😀 I assume it's 2-3 weeks because they probably only send people twice a month.