Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First week training hours.

Adrian615
Explorer C

Hello I start soon as a ramp agent on 11/28/22 and I’m excited.

I was just wondering what the hours are on the first week.  Do we still get weekends off during classroom training?

Just asking so I can accommodate at my current job. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: First week training hours.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Congrats and Welcome to the SWA Team. When I started I had two days at my airport of computer training. After my computer training I was paired up with a trainer. When you are paired up with a trainer you will follow his/her start time and days off. If you are worried about days off and start times, I would email your station manager or contact person at your station that you have been in communication with for those details. Remember to ask any and all questions while on the ramp. The ramp is a busy place with a lot of moving pieces and safety is number one for you, your fellow employees and any and all equipment. Keep your head on a swivel and be SAFE!  Start studying those city codes if you can. There are a couple of ramp employees for SWA on here and post any and all questions you may have and we will try and answer them. 

Dunkley12
Explorer B

Hello is there a test you have to do at the end of the training in Dallas?

Adrian615
Explorer C

Yes there is but don’t worry, it wasn't hard. The instructor will go over the the things you need to know and will tell you to write them down. Memorize everything they tell you to write down. The test is done on a computer and  if you miss any questions they will give you a couple of tries to go over on only the questions you missed.

P.S. Don’t party too hard and don’t be late to class!

Dunkley12
Explorer B

Thanks. How long is the training in Dallas ?

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@Dunkley12 

1000001863.jpg

Dunkley12
Explorer B

@StevenBarnett19 wrote:

@Dunkley12 

1000001863.jpg

Thanks you 

Lisakau808
Adventurer C

Thank you for sharing that pic-very helpful. Now I know how long I will be gone.