Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi Community,

We would like to thank you for the overwhelming interest in our Flight Attendant position this week. As of 5 PM CST today, February 9th, the position is closed on our website.

We appreciate your patience as our Recruiters work hard to sort through the applications we receive for the Flight Attendant role. In the meantime, here are a few tips from our team:

• Add "Southwest+autoreply@agents.icims.com" to your "safe sender" list and regularly check your inbox and spam/junk boxes for communication from our Team.
  • Update your profile in iCIMS if you change your phone number or email address.
  • Don’t see your submitted Flight Attendant application on your dashboard? Log in to the specific Flight Attendant portal here to access the correct dashboard.
  • We do not endorse or recommend ANY Flight Attendant training schools, classes, or programs. Our Recruiters truly are looking to get to know more about you and your experiences -- not what someone else is preparing you to share. These classes can often be more detrimental than they are helpful.
  • Your best source of information on the process is right here on Community! We love answering your questions and providing insights to our Hiring Process.
  • Once your application for the Flight Attendant role is submitted, it will be reviewed in the order it was received. Due to this, the time it takes to hear back can vary widely. You can find additional information by clicking the "Spoiler" tag on the first page of this post.

• Practice your Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart, and Fun-LUVing Attitude through patience with our Team as they work through the overwhelming interest we have received for this position. We are working as quickly as we can -- we promise!
  • We've put a lot of information up on this board in the last week. Here's a list of popular posts you may want to check out if you've got questions about the Flight Attendant application process.

We appreciate the questions, comments, and enthusiasm on the board this week. We wish the best of luck to each of you throughout the hiring process!

The Southwest Airlines Community Moderators

Lindsey, Christina, and Kelby

Kelby
Southwest Careers
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

HeidiSRQ
Adventurer C

I cannot imagine the task ahead for the hiring team.

I understand it may take up to a year for the process.

It’s worth the wait.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Fortune magazine, Feb 2018.Fortune magazine, Feb 2018.

CHRISALLEN3285
Explorer C

When will the flight attendant position for Southwest open again? 

SuzanneMaurice
Explorer C

Hello,  I was actually on a Southwest flight today.  A flight attendent encouraged me to apply.  She told me today is the deadline.  I rushed home and got onliine.  Its closed.  Bummer!

HeidiSRQ
Adventurer C

Suzanne, you received a stellar compliment from that FA!

He or she obviously saw some Warrior in you and although you missed this deadline, you can prep for the next opening.

Good luck and thanks for reaching out.

wordtotheherb
Explorer B

Ok, i hope you meant it when youydaidsto ask questions ♥️

Ugh I hate looking such a needy baby, but it's so unnerving to keep repetedly seeing that I have not applied my profile to any jobs.

Applied 2/5 by 11:50am & 2:45am received 2 confirmation emails & 24 hours later dashboard refected submission received.  Now on 2/9 the hylerlink to check on my application progress shows an error and both my dashboard and specific FA Portal dashboard is back to showing no jobs! 

Is anyone else having more problems like mine( 2nd time)? I got the initial crash delayed emails, but a bit paranoid to go backwards now ....and to keep whining 😝. #sorry

wordtotheherb
Explorer B

Ok about 24 hours later, the job submission is again  back on ....along with my patience pants!  I'll just assume the website is crazy and trust the system.  I so do have one question is the order of application based on the time of completed application or when we received the confirmation email? 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @wordtotheherb,

The order in which your application will be reviewed is based upon the time your application was submitted.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Pst8367
Explorer C

Question,

I am on a page on Facebook and so many on this page are confused about how the application process is working. 

1. Processed in order of receipt. Is that the time we physically submitted or the time we received the confirmation email? Some got confirmation right away and others waited 12 hours or more to get the confirmation? 

2. A few are concerned as there are some that have started moving forward who applied around the same time or after others that have yet to progress. 

I am very patient as I understand that this process can take time, especially due to the volume of applicants. 

I am grateful for this blog and thank you for your help.

Luvnthesky74
Explorer C

Hey Guys !

Im so excited on St.Patrick's day I recieved a luckyou email for a successful submission to the 2018 flight attendant position. Yes Lucky me... Yay they said they would be reaching each candidate one by one and I cant wait. Does anyone know how long this could take? Any advice would be great. Thanks all in advance.