Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

TammyW
Explorer A

Kelby,

Just checked my flight attendant status online, no changes.  I applied on 2/6 and received the confirmation.  Is HR still reviewing applications for the Flight Attendant Position?  Keeping my fingers crossed

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

@TammyW - don’t feel discouraged... they are going through applications in order of received (at least that’s how i understand it). It took me maybe around two hours from the position being opened and i got my email/call around 2 weeks ago. Another applicant (if i recall) took about 2 hours as well and she just had a status change today... so be encouraged... your time is coming! Keep the warrior spirit!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Morning! Thanks @KeithPitman for those encouraging words!!! As for me I’ve been waiting patiently, checking my emails and vocialmails to see if anyone has called me or contacted me in any way!! I have the warrior spirit and keeping the faith that it will happen for me and so many that is passionate and interested in this position!!! So I to tell everybody to be encouraged and have faith that it will happen to you!!! Everybody have a good day and week!!! 

Thanks S.Buggs

sprice74
Explorer C

I applied on 02/06/18. No updates and the link in my confirmation email doesn't work. 😞

Aburnett10
Explorer C

So I was able to complete the application but my question is do southwest not have an assessment I  never received the link for an assessment is that normal or am I missing anything ?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aburnett10,

Thanks for your interest in this position! We do not have an assessment for the Flight Attendant application. So, it sounds like you are good to go! Best of luck.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

djmet557
Explorer C

Is there a time frame when the next FA class will be?

Thanx!

Holly_harrelson
Explorer C

Yes, I am actually wondering this myself. Do you all have an anticipated time frame for the next opening or approximately how many you post in a year? Unfortunately, I was unable to apply last week. 

Lookig forward to the the next one! 

Thanks! 

Holly

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @djmet557 and @Holly_harrelson,

Thanks for your interest in Southwest! Flight Attendant training classes are assigned after a Candidate is selected from the in-person interview. There are several classes per year, and we will work through the applicants to last week's position to fill those spots. We do not yet know when we will open the position for applications again. 

However, if you’ve got a specific career in mind and want to keep an eye on those opportunities, we suggest signing up for a job alert visit workfor.us/southwest.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Holly_harrelson
Explorer C

Hello @KelbyTansey

Thank you very much for the follow-up. I have signed up for a job alert and look forward to applying when you all are accepting new flight attendants! 

Best, 

Holly