Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

kmlipinski
Adventurer C

I was also in the wrong dashboard. I used your link, and was so excited to see the my job submission was still there. So excited to be a part of this process.

chamkc
Explorer C

I am so excited about the thought of working with Southwest as a flight attendent.  Good luck to everyone.

Kristy

dianemaguire
Explorer A

I know. This is such an exciting time. I can't wait to hear back about my next step in the process. To be able to work with such an amazing crew and team will be awesome. Good luck to you and to all of the applicants. 

Much LUV,

Diane. 

Ryank0715
Explorer C

I want to thank Rich, the flight attendant that took the time to message me on Facebook to let me know on the date to apply. He was a huge help and I would hope to one day be on his crew to thank him in person. I had so many questions and felt like somewhat of a burdon when I bombarded him with so many questions but he answered every single one when he wasn't working. It made me want to become a part of this wonderful company and hope to bring and see a lot of smiles. Thank you Rich, wherever you are. Much LUV

Csmith2392
Explorer B

Just curious, why is the portal only open for such short amount of time? How can I be sure the the next time the position is open?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Not sure if this works but. Use this link to sign up for Southwest Airlines job alerts! 

https://tinyurl.com/ycvw3xkl

Ryank0715
Explorer C

Csmith2392, first off thanks for the LUV, second there are two things i can suggest. First, network yourself and ask other flight attendants when you fly, ask friends, or family if anyone knows someone that works for Southwest, that's how I figured out the right time to apply (my opinion the best option. I checked for two years but nothing until I reached out.). Second, set up a job alert and check emails daily, check inbox and junk mail lord only knows where the email can be. I can only guess it's open for only a short time because so many people want to join an amazing crew and I don't blame them, it's a great career to have from all the attendants I have talked to. Did you get the opertunity to apply?

Csmith2392
Explorer B

Ryanko715, I know flight attendants but none through southwest. Unfortunately I did not get to apply, I really wish I could've. Thanks for the LUV.

Pst8367
Explorer C

Question,

I understand that Southwest is processing in order of when received but there are some of us who applied at the same time on Feb 5 but confirmation email from Southwest not received until 12 hours later. So do we go by what time we submitted the application ( in my case is was before noon on Feb 5) or the confirmation which was sent at 12:30am on the 6th? 

This question has been raised on the Facebook group as we see some who got confirmation right away and then others whose got delayed by several hours. 

Thank you you so much !

jdenton18
Explorer C

I applied the week of Feb. 5 during lots of technical issues with website for the FA position.

I know you all were so busy and overwhelmed by applicants. After submitting that week it still shows incomplete.Thanks for your help!  Have a great day!