Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Good Morning Ms. Kelly,  

I hope all is well, but I was wondering how long does it take to get a call back to schedule a phone interview??? Or has it happen already??? I know this is a long process to sort through every potential candidate for this position. 

I just want to encourage everybody to just keep a smile on their faces, walk with pride and keep believing that this position is for u!!! “God is our cause for joy in the midst of despair”!! Don’t give up hope!!! It’s coming!!!! 

Thank you and have a great day!!!! 

S.Buggs

SuzanneMaurice
Explorer C

Hello,   I was flying on Friday on a Southewest airlines flight from ABQ to SD.  I befriended a flight attendent...she was amazing.   Cami #22271.  I explained to her that I was actually hired by you all in 1993...to be a flight attendent.  Irronically this  is the same year she was hired.   I never flew off to training camp due to a family emergency.  She encouraged me to apply again and told me today was the  deadline.  I rushed home and found out it was closed...(I was in the air at the deadline). Is there any possible way I could still apply

tracy_thatcher
Adventurer B

@KelbyTansey 

A big thank you to you, Christina and Lindsey for all of your help. Thank you for answering questions, your advise and pointers. I'm beyond excited but am so nervous as well and hope to hear something soon.I can not wait to join the SWA family. I'm looking forward to spreading the LUV😊💙💛✈.

Tracy Thatcher 

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Good morning,

Thank you Southwest Crew members for being patient with us and answering all the questions that we need to become successful for this new career path that will embark in the upcoming weeks/months!!! 

EVERYBODY have a great and productive day!!! Remember “Keep  striving for the best and don’t give up”!!!!

Thanks S.Buggs

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @SuzanneMaurice,

As @HeidiSRQ mentioned, our Flight Attendant must have seen something special in you! We sincerely appreciate your desire to work for Southwest Airlines! In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, we are unable to accept an application after a position has closed. If you’ve got a specific career in mind and want to keep an eye on those opportunities, we suggest signing up for a job alert visit workfor.us/southwest.

We love knowing of your interest in Southwest, and we encourage you to continue watching our website for future openings!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

SuzanneMaurice
Explorer C

Thanks so much.   I'll keep an eye out when applicaitons are open again...Thanks so much for getting back to me...the task of replying to everyone is I'm sure overwhelming...Great Job on making us each feel special! 🙂

Rosebud95
Explorer C

@KelbyTansey 

Good Afternoon, 

I was checking that status of my applaction this morning and I saw that my apppaction was no longer there and my dashboard said that I have not applied to any postions. I am hoping that I am looking in the wrong spot and my applaction is still active. 

Best Regards, 

Catherine

Emedina
Explorer C

I had the same issue. I dont understand why.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rosebud95,

If you do not see your submitted Flight Attendant application on your dashboard, you are most likely logged in to the incorrect dashboard. Log in to the specific Flight Attendant portal here to access the correct dashboard.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Rosebud95
Explorer C

Thank you so much @KelbyTansey! I had no idea that there were sepertate portals. 

Catherine