Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Feb 5, 2108

lmreny
Explorer C

Hello Southwest Airlines,

I have a question about when the Flight Attendant posting will open on Feb 5th; When you open and posting the position, in which Time Zone ( CST or PST) will it open and what time of the day?

Thank you,

Lisa

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Attendant Feb 5, 2108

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @lmreny,

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Flight Attendant at Southwest!  Although we do not post specific times, you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/Southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device.  We hope to see your application!

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

vanmomma5
Explorer A

Any idea what time the computers will open the flight attendant position? Midnight? I hear in the past that if you were not in in the first 15 minutes you were not getting in because the site would be overloaded...I have been waiting almost 30 years to do this ...praying for an opportunity since the kids are now grown...I am totally a Southwest snob! Love me some Southwest!

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanmomma5

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Flight Attendant at Southwest!  Although we do not post specific times, you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/Southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. We hope to see your application!

Best wishes,​​​​​​​

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

jodie13
Explorer A

Do you have to relocate to be hired as a flight attendant with Southwest?  Or can you commute?  I live in an area that I am within 1-1.5 driving time to 3 airports, could I be hired to work out of all 3? Looking forward to applying and hearing from you soon.  I am spreading my wings to new opportunities.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jodie13,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining our Team as a flight attendant! Although the most preferred option among Employees is to relocate, you can commute as a Southwest Flight Attendant -- it just requires a change in lifestyle for many Employees who choose this route! Upon graduation from Flight Attendant training, each new Flight Attendant is assigned a "domicile" out of which they are based. This is chosen based on availability and operational need. The ten domiciles for Southwest are: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Oakland, Orlando, and Phoenix. 

When an Employees chooses to commute, for housing: They can look into a crash pad (this is a room to rent in an apt or someone’s house). More information on this would be available during training. They can get a hotel room, when needed. They might get a room on their own or share with someone else. There is not a block of rooms for rent, but there are a lot of hotels that provide discounted rates for airline crew members. A career as a Flight Attendant requires a Warrior Spirit and constant flexibility. It is no different when it comes to housing!

Kelby
Southwest Careers