Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Notice

RGVflyboy
Explorer C

Hi, I'm curious. I received an email from SWA recruitment for Flight Attendant Requisition 2018-26132. I filled out the required information but after I did that I noticed that the original Requisition number was 2018-21940. I'd just like to know what I applied for lol. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight Attendant Notice

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@RGVflyboy

That is a tricky thing that the SWA tried on many applicants. Believe me. Now, I supposed if you applied for any position for SWA, make sure that you copied any information that you apply(s) for any online job. Have it printed on paper from on-line, this is your defense aganist SWA being fraud.

Have you checked the SWA portal employment pages? If so, check to make sure that you have applied previousy, if not. I would suggest that you contact the SWA office. I have the similar, not the SWA, but ATS.. Believe me. It is the fraudulence.

Carlosandme1623
Explorer A

Hello, 

When I read your posting that made me curious so I double checked my email from SWA and I too had a number that started with 26 but on the electronic application that I filled out it had a number that started with 21. I was concerned a little because I didn't get a verification that my application was sent. Should I be worried?

Any light anyone can shed would be great. 

Thank you

RGVflyboy
Explorer C

I noticed only because I still have my cop instinct that something didn't make sense. It also doesn't help that I haven't seen anyone from SWA comment. Did the email ask you to update your employer information?

Carlosandme1623
Explorer A

Hello RGVflyboy,

Yes, it had some of my information but it asked for employer information for the last 5 years and resident information for the last 3 years, along with other personal information. When I clicked on the link to proceed, once I gathered all of the information they required from the "tips" email, I could not remember my password so I requested a reminder 5 or so different times, because it had been more than 5 minutes each time, but I did not receive an email to reset. I then called the Customer Service number they offered if I was still having trouble. The gentleman was very patient but unfortunately could not help me. The next morning I noticed there were 5 or so emails to reset my password so I'm not sure if maybe it was just a glitch. Luckily, I was able to change my password from one of the links I was sent.  After a couple of hours, carefully entering all the information the form requested, I hit "send" and it disappeared without any confirmation of any kind. This made me a little nervous because I have no proof it was submitted in time. I did however take a picture of each screen, because I don't have a printer, so at least I have some sort of proof as to when it was signed. 

I truly hope I'm just being overly cautious and that everything is good. I just don't want to miss this amazing opportunity. 

Please update your post if you hear anything. 

Thank you, 

Carlosandme1623 

RGVflyboy
Explorer C

I didn’t get any email saying they received it. I guess we’ll just wait.

Carlosandme1623
Explorer A
Solution

Hello RGVflyboy,

We were in communications last month regarding not getting a confirmation after we completed the online application. I'm happy to say I was notified to schedule a phone interview. So if you haven't recieved an email yet I'm sure it's on its way.

Good luck to you