Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Job Posting

Harmonious
Explorer C

I have applied for this opportunity to become a flight attendant.

My dashboard says "Received Submission" but I have not yet recieved an email confirmation.

I do have a couple questions:

Training - are there night classes options? I am local to Dallas/Ft. Worth 

I understand that there are four weeks of unpaid training - So I would like to know if I would be able to still work through training, Attend afternooon/evening class until I am offically offered the postition ( if I am selected and pass the classes) I just can't afford to not work for a month. 

I looked but also could not find the base salary for this position. Is this based on salary or hourly? I  understand that hours/days will vary, especially just starting off but will there be a gauantree of so many hours per week or month? 

I want to make a wise and educated decision throughout this process. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Harmonious,

Great questions!

Our training program does not have an option for night classes. Training is four weeks long and it is unpaid, though your accommodations and meals will be covered for the duration of the training process. For details about how Flight Attendant compensation works, please see this post. Click the "Spoiler" button and you'll see a detailed FAQ.

eagleflightcrew
Explorer C

Thank you for the updates and working so hard to get the system up and running as quickly as you did.  You made a lot of applicants very happy, including me.  

scottphillips
Explorer C

Please I've Been trying to apply all morning , but it keeps telling me that there are no openings 

thank you 

Scott 

Beachhousex2
Explorer C

Thank you I was able to finally get in and submit my application.

Kevin

Re: Flight Attendant Opening

LisaLewis
Explorer A

I applied and submitted a few hours ago. Thought everything was fine but I haven’t received a  confirmation email yet? What should I do ?

LindseyD

Hi @LisaLewis,

Your email server could be blocking the email because it thinks it's spam. If you completed the application and saw a message on our screen that indicated your application was successful, you are probably fine!

edayton
Explorer A

Hi @LindseyD and everyone,

I still have yet to receive a confirmation email and it as been around 5 hours since i have applied? Has anyone who was having a long wait for an email received one? 

Thank you,

Elizabeth Dayton

LindseyD

Hi @edayton,

We know there are a few folks who haven't received the confirmation email, but that does not necessarily mean we didn't receive your application. Check out this post for some troubleshooting tips!

Re: Confirmation e-mail

Yvonne_
Explorer C

This is just a theory.  I think that the issues regarding the confirmation email are related to the method in which applicants logged in to create their profile.  If they had connected through a talent community (i.e. Linkedin), I don't think they are going to get a confirmation email but if they had created a profile by logging into Southwest directly with an email address I think they do.