Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Opening

karenburkhart
Explorer B

I applied for the Flight Attendant position the evening of 02-05-2018.  I understand thousands of applicants applied, but my dashboard status still says "submission received." However, on March 16th, I received an email stating my application was successful. Does everyone who applied, receive the same email?

I guess I'm just anxiously awaiting to see "under review" on my dashboard!  Any advice or feedback from other applicants, or the Recruiting Team, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Flight Attendant Opening

krey1212
Adventurer C

I received the email on 3/17.  Crossing my fingers to hear something soon.  Good Luck to you and everyone that applied.

karenburkhart
Explorer B

Thank you!  Yes, fingers crossed! 

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Hi @karenburkhart!

Your time is going to come! The recruiters (as i understand it) are going in order of received. My brother is currently a FA with SWA and he said it could be several months before you see a status change. Don’t be discouraged! I know it is a long process and waiting is not fun! A few of us have referred to this time as “character building”...

For now, keep building your character and maintain the warrior spirit! 

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

karenburkhart
Explorer B

Hi Keith!!

Thank you so much!! Oh, for sure, a lot of "character building!"  I understand your phone interview is Friday, and I wish you the VERY best!  Positive vibes only!!!!  

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Thank you soooo much! Yes, my phone interview is Friday... I’ll take all the positive vibes i can get!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

Good luck tomorrow. Can’t wait to hear you’re moving on to the. next t round. I’m so excited for you!  

Best wishes., and prayers. 

Christy 

Christy Plagge

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the wishes and the prayers! I’ll let you know how it goes!

keith

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Cctcaden
Explorer C

Good Luck Today. I didn’t apply for the FA position but I have been reading all the posts about it. As a former SWA’er I think you would fit right in.

Cody

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Thanks Cody! I really appreciate it!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman