Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Opening

LisaLewis
Explorer A

I believe the process for taking applications for flight attendants is closed for this round. I am not sure when it will be open again. I am going to suggest that you ask the mediators of this group. They will have more information for you. Good Luck in the process 🙂

GillianM
Explorer C

Position: 2018-21940  Flight Attendant  

Application Received:  February 5, 2018

I experienced a lot of technological challenges to get this application in,on the day it actually opened. I am looking everyday for some sort of feed back. Any suggestions?

LisaLewis
Explorer A

You should have been given an immediate response after submitting your application, not an email that will take a while but right after submitting it. And it will show on your dashboard also. Sometimes your email might go to spam 

Cjdrny24
Explorer C

Hello I just have a quick question about potential inflight position.  Just want to know if there will be any opening soon for the inflight position.  Thank you and God bless

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

Thank you for your interest in working for Southwest. I do know that they opened the Flight Attendant position on 2/5/2018 and closed it on 02/09/2018. There was such an overwhelming amount of applications submitted at that time that they do not have a futrure date in mind as too when they will open the position back up. You should make a profile and subscribe to the career forum where you can get updates on job openings. It allows you to uplpoad your resume to it.  

I hope this answers any questions you may have had.  

Have a LUVly, Day,

Christy

Christy Plagge

Josie1970
Explorer C

I would like the opprtunity to make poeple fill good and smile in a flight to any destination or even back home, I have over 20 years of customer service and would really like to be part of the southwest team. Please fill free to contact me at any time

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Hi @Josie1970,

I've edited your post to remove personal identifying information. Please review our Community User Guidelines over on the Welcome and Announcements board before continuing to post in the discussion forum.

Coach32
Explorer C

I received a correspondence email from my agent on March 16th, stating it was my lucky day for being selected to move one step closer to becoming a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant.  Since that time, I've expeditiously checked both Inbox and Junk Mail to see if I've been contacted, but to no avail.

I began this process on February of 2017, and have received nothing but rejections and/or, "thanks for applying, however, we've filled the position...we received your application later in our hiring process, please continue to watch our postings for further opportunities..etc., etc"

I'm frustrated, but yet, in the past 15 months, I've not applied for another position with any other airline, as Southwest Airlines , was, is, and will continue to be my #1 Choice for flying, as well as employment.

Sincerely,

Curtis Parker

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @Coach32,

Congratulations on being selected for the next step! Rest assured, they haven’t forgotten about you. Although I don’t work for Southwest (yet?!?), I can guarantee the People Department is working diligently, sorting through thousands of applications to find the right Co-hearts to join the In-Flight Family.

Enjoy the wait now because the pace will pick up as your progress through the pipeline.

Good luck!

ILV2fly

Basudebsingha11
Explorer C

Hi,  I am from India..  How I will apply for cabin crew position, kindly assist me. Thank you