Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Position

gypsiedeb
Explorer C

Hi!   I have been successful in applying for the position of flight attendant!    Do you have a general idea of how long it takes to hire? And if hired, do you have the dates of the training?   I'm a planner so I just want to be prepared!   And maybe just a bit excited!  Thanks in advance, you have been so helpful with this process!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Attendant Position

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @gypsiedeb,

Thanks for your enthusiasm and excitement for this role! You can find the answers to these questions (and many more) by clicking the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post. If you are selected from the hiring process to attend training, training dates will be assigned at that time. Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

nancy0411
Explorer C

Hi,

I understand I cannot apply for flight attendant at this time as I've been hired as a Customer Service Representative for Reservations and have to wait 1 year.
Since I have to wait until next February, will you be opening the FA position again at that time? Also, as an employee do you still have to go through the same process to get hired? Does Southwest hire more mature FA's? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Nancy Yeats

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @nancy0411,

Congratulations on joining the Southwest Family! We will communicate future Internal posting information on our internal blog, SWALife. We do not have set dates for when we will post positions, but you will be eligible after passing your one year mark. Best of luck in your new role!

Kelby
Southwest Careers