Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Posting Feb 2018

ruthlamb
Explorer C

Good Morning!

I successfully applied on Feb 7, 2018 when the position opened.

I received the "Feeling Lucky" email on Mar 16th letting me know that 48,000 applicants applied and that they would be handling them in the order they were received.  A short time after that I stopped receiving "other jobs" I might be interested in and have not heard anything else regarding the position...  

I log into the portal and my application still shows as submitted/received.  I realize 48,000 is a ton of applications to process through, but I thought I should have heard something else by now.  I know it can take up to a year, but  as I read the boards, others have received additional correspondance.  My background would make me an exceptional addition to the Southwest Family.

Base on my number (2018-21940), I suspect I was somewhere in the middle of the 48,000.

I was wondering if someone can check to make sure my application is still moving along as it should on the Southwest end.

Thank You!

Ruth

2018-21940 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight Attendant Posting Feb 2018

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @ruthlamb,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest Airlines! As you mentioned, the high volume of applicants does make the process longer than usual. Candidates are reviewed in the order which they applied. Unfortunately, the number you provided is the associated job number -- not the number of applicant that you are. We appreciated your patience as our Recruiters work hard to make it through all applications! You will receive communication no matter whether you are selected to move forward in the process or not. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

GoGoGo
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am so glad this question was recently asked. I too applied in Feb and my application is still there.  I am hoping the Feb applicants are continueing to be looked at.

I just updated my resume and attached to my application I submitted originally.  Since Feb, I have become a FA elsewhere but I am really wanting to work for Southwest.

Will it show my updated resume to the application I submitted back then? 

Thanks!!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @GoGoGo,

Thanks for your continued interest in a Career at Southwest Airlines! Our Recruiters are hard at work making their way through the overwhelming number of applicants we received in February. If you uploaded a new resume, that will be the resume which shows on your profile when it is reviewed. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

ptrinh
Explorer B

Hi Kelby,

How do I find out if there was a possibility that my application was lost after submission?

Hope to heard back!

Best regards,

Paulina

ptrinh
Explorer B

Hi Kelby,

How do I find out if there was a possibility that my application was lost after submission?

Hope to heard back!

Best regards,

Paulina

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@ptrinh what is the current status of your dashboard?  If it says “under review “ then I would say it’s just that. I know that waiting is the hardest part of applying for a new opportunity, but you must practice patience. 

Good luck! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion