Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Posting and User Guidelines

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello Community!

Thank you for visiting the Southwest Careers Board to learn about the Flight Attendant Position that we'll be posting in the near future. We welcome your questions, thoughts, and conversation - the enthusiasm on this board is infectious. 

As you share your excitement with others on this discussion board, please be mindful of the Community User Guidelines, specifically:

Protect the privacy of yourself and others.

The Community is a public forum and should be treated as such. Please do not post personal information in the Community – neither your own personal information, nor the personal information of others. You may share your name if you wish, but you should avoid disclosing information such as your date of birth, email address, Social Security number, credit card information, reservation confirmation number, or other information that could compromise your privacy or security.

If the Community Moderators find posts containing personal information, those posts will be subject to removal from the board. You can read the full User Guidelines here. As always, if you have questions, we're here to help! 

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Flight Attendant Posting and User Guidelines

CarrieCoulter3
Explorer B
Solution

Good Afternoon,

I am interested in applying for a flight attendant position.

I am trying to create my profile but it does not have "flight attendant" or "In flight crew/position" available to select for interests.

What option should I choose? General Consideration? Or would I be better off waitng until the 5th to create my profile.

Thank You for any information that might help to make the application process easier

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee

Hi there @CarrieCoulter3,

Thanks for your interest in Southwest Airlines! You can find more information about applying for our upcoming Flight Attendant posting here and you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/Southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device.  We hope to see your application on February 5th!

Best wishes, 

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

ConnieHenderson
Explorer C

I have just completed my profile and signed up for the career alerts via the Facebook Link.

I hope to work with some of you ladies & gentlemen in the future!

Best Regards!

Constance Henderson 

Rori3691
Adventurer C

Connie,

Thank you for the good wishes! Back at'ya!! 

Exciting times!!! ❤️ 😄

anthonyjcolon
Explorer C

Hello!

I've had a great career in education and serving others is what I do best.  A welcoming and people freindly flight attendant is good for Southwest Airlines and its customers.  I'd like very much to be able to serve an airline that I've used for many years and that has a reputation for being customer first.

What do i have to do to apply for the February 5th openings?

Thanks,

Tony 

Rori3691
Adventurer C

Hi Anthony J. Colon, I am new here and I am also interested in the upcoming flight attendant position. I'm going to try and send you a link where you can find your answer. I'm not sure if it will open for you, since we are all logged in with passwords... I hope it works for you. And good luck with your application!!   https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/Information-Regarding-Flight-Attendant-Op...

TomHalata
Explorer C

Hello,

I have a friend thats works for Southwest and she indicates they will be openings for flight attendants in Houston on Febuary 5th. Is there a way to setup a profile ahead of time if the position is not showing on the portal yet?

Thanks

Tom

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @TomHalata,

Yes, your friend can create a profile ahead of time! For detailed instructions, check out this post.

CarrieCoulter3
Explorer B
Solution

Good Afternoon,

I am interested in applying for a flight attendant position.

I am trying to create my profile but it does not have "flight attendant" or "In flight crew/position" available to select for interests.

What option should I choose? General Consideration? Or would I be better off waitng until the 5th to create my profile.

Thank You for any information that might help to make the application process easier