Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Posting and User Guidelines

Michael_Bridges
Explorer B

As February 5th is approaching, is anyone as excited as I am in applying? I look forward to learning more about Southwest and I hope to join the team.

Best of luck to everyone!

Rori3691
Adventurer C

Thank you Michael for the good wishes!! 

Good luck to you as well ;D .... Maybe we'll get to meet, and even better, work together!

Always forward!!! 

wrverdugo
Adventurer C

I was curious when the Flight Attendant application will be open. I would love to apply but don't see the posting open when I look on the Southwest website. Please keep me posted on the steps I should do to not miss the opportunity. Thank you!!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @wrverdugo,

Please check out the other posts that are pinned to the top of this board for a wealth of information about the upcoming Flight Attendant position. The job post will be live on Monday, February 5th. 

TomHalata
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

Do you know how many applicants they are accepting for the Flight Attendant positions? I applied on the 5th. Just curious when they will start contacting applicants?

Thanks!

Tom Halata

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @TomHalata,

We do not cap the application period after a certain number of applicants. Rather, we post for a certain amount of time and accept all applications within that period. The application period did end last Friday, February 9th at 5 PM CST. Applicants are then reviewed in the order which they applied. Due to the overwhelming amount of interest in this role, it can take longer than usual to be contacted about next steps. You can find more information on the first page of this post by clicking the "Spoiler" tag. We appreciate your patience as our Recruiters work hard to review the applications, and wish you the best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jennc4way
Explorer C

Hi, I tried about 30 minutes ago to apply for the Flight Attendant position & be ready for tomorrow's launch.  However, when I tried to login  I received a response stating that I already had a user name & password.  That too failed because I've forgotten my password.  The system was to reset it by sending me a new password, within 5 minutes.  If not received by then, I was to make another attempt.  I've tried at least 3-4 times & still have not received even one new password.  

I'm super nervous & anxious as I know time is of the essence.  Please help me, I welcome any suggestions you may have.

Don't want to miss my flight!

Thank you,

Jenny

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C

I'm just another average Jane, also applying to be a flight attendant, but don't freak out! I know this might sound like a giant pain, but you could always register for a new account with a different email address. If I was in your shoes, I'd be checking my spam folder. If that didn't work out, I'd use a different email address. If you don't have a backup email account, it only takes a few minutes to sign up for one! 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jennc4way.

Thanks for your interest in this position! Some email servers have a hard time receiving mail from us, which is why we recommend checking spam/junk. If it still does not seem to be coming through, since time is of the essence I recommend exactly what @kelchrisjohnson did. Although not ideal, it will be the fastest solution and will not have an impact on your application on the back-end.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Darina1994s
Explorer A

Thank you for this helpful information.