Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant resume to interview

laurelissette
Explorer C

Hi! I've been trying to apply for a flight attendant position.  I would love to attach a resume but the profile page we're directed to didn't have an in flight option for jobs we're interested in. I'm a 911 operator and deal with emergencies, people and quick decision making on the daily— I'd love to know how much I need to put in a resume to help make me stand out. All 911 dispatchers have to have a sense of humor to help us through the chaos but I don't want to come across as unprofessional. 

Also no one has really specified how much the applicant invests in the hiring process at first, do we pay for our fare if invited to interview in Dallas? I would lay down as much cash as needed but I'm also budget oriented. I would love to have an idea of how much I'll need to save up to pursue this dream career! Thank you so much for your time! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Attendant resume to interview

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @laurelissette,

Welcome to Community, and thank you for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant. Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting applications for our Flight Attendant position. However, you can create a profile with us on our Careers site (Southwest.com/careers) and attach your resume in order to be one step ahead of the crowd in applying for positions with us when they open!

It sounds as if you have valuable, transferable skills through your current career. On your resume, we want to see your most recent work experience and highlights of any relevant experience or skills you have to the position.

Finally, we do cover air travel to the interview, however Candidates are responsible for their hotel stay and ground transportation (if needed). If selected for that step, we will send recommended hotels that provide ground transportation.

I hope that we will see your application the next time our Flight Attendant position is open!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

laurelissette
Explorer C

Thank you so much Kelby! 

amyjayrael
Explorer C

where do you create a profile?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @amyjayrael,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining our InFlight Team! You can create a profile with a resume by clicking here. We hope to see your application the next time this position is available!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

amyjayrael
Explorer C

Thank you very much! thank you, I look forward to it!