Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant

claireledbetter
Explorer C

Hello! My name is Claire Ledbetter. I am a Sophomore attending the University of Arkansas. I am interested in being a flight attendant. Due to the impact of COVID-19 on my college campus, my education and sorority life is not the same. Since school is completely virtual, I want to do something fulfilling and gain new skills and experiences while I am finishing getting my degree. I am capable of doing both full-time because I am ambitious - I need something new and exciting right now! Although there are no careers that seem to be open to apply for flight attendants, I thought it would be worth a shot to see if anyone knew of any I could apply for. I understand if the impact of COVID-19 caused Southwest to not hire right now but I could begin training right away and am willing to go anywhere. Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Attendant

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As you said, Southwest is not currently hiring and training wouldn’t occur until after you are hired. Hopefully demand will pick back up and airlines will hire, but not likely to happen any time soon.

How do I apply for a job at Southwest Airlines? 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Flight Attendant

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@claireledbetter  since the airlines are most likely not hiring for awhile, you should take this time and educate yourself on what it takes to become an FA. There is a lot of helpful information out there. After conducting the reseach, you will have an advantage over others when the position does post.  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion