Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant

Bella12
Explorer A

Hello everyone! I am excited to be here. I have for a long time wanting to be a flight attendent ever since I have flown Southwest for personal vacations and found the staff to be very professional and kind. I have customer experience in leasing apartments for the past 3 years and enjoyed my experience doing that. Since I love to travel and had a wonderful experiences with Southwest, I felt this is what I want to do as a career is to be a flight attendent. I submitted an application about a year ago and recently got a phone call from Southwest asking me if I am still interested in the Flight attendant position. I said yes right away. I haven't heard anything back and feeling quite concerned not hearing anything. Should I worry?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Flight Attendant

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @Bella12,

Thank you for your kind words and we are delighted (and excited too!) to hear of your passion for becoming a Flight Attendant at Southwest!  With regards to your question, you are right on track in the process and no need to worry.  Sit back and relax and enjoy this video of another Flight Attendant hopeful while you wait:)

Best of luck to you!

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

Onefunnylady54
Explorer C
Solution

Hello,

I have been a rapid rewards member for a very ,ongoing time. I love flying Southwest and now 

That I am retiring next year I would like to be a flight attendant. Where do I apply?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Onefunnylady54

Charlene 

franktravel
Aviator B

ndschlei
Explorer C
Solution

Thanks for sharing that video of colin, I just watched it and it gave me tears of excitement! So excited to hear SW is going to be opening positions extrenally for FA! Waiting hopeful and excited to apply!

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @ndschlei, @Onefunnylady54, @ariesqueen27, @Bella12,

We are excited to share with you we will be posting the Flight Attendant position on February 5th!  If you are looking for a Career that requires a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and a Fun-LUVing Attitude, look no further. We hope to see your application and click here to find out how to apply!

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

ariesqueen27
Explorer C
Solution

Hello,

My name is Erica Arenas and I am beyond interested in becoming a flight attendant.

It has been a dream job for many years. I have been flying with Southwest since i was 7 years old!

February 5th cant come fast enough for me! I am so ready to make this my offical career. Becoming a part of the best customer service team in the world.

Mandimae
Explorer C

I’m interested and want to apply for FA and I’m not having luck can’t locate the application , can you direct me!??

Peterpan
Explorer C

I would love information when you are hiring for Flight Attendant thanks

franktravel
Aviator B

Not sure anyone here can give you that answer. Here is something you can do.

The last opening for a Flight Attendant job was 2/5/18 and now is closed.

"In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, they only accept applications for a specific position, and only when the job listing is active on the Careers page."

The flight attendant positions would only be listed under the city of Dallas Texas, the Southwest Airlines main headquarters.

The best thing you can do is set up a profile to be notified when jobs become available here https://tinyurl.com/y8p82yya

See current job openings at Southwest Airlines here Careers page https://tinyurl.com/yalmfmzr
Good Luck!