Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendand or call center

judgallegos
Explorer C

Hello. I am wondering how long it takes for the entire process from application to interviews and possible job offer within your company? I will be retiring this year and would love to apply for the flight attendant or a call center if one opens in Albuquerque, NM. I would like to find out a timeline to see if I can possibly apply and then maybe be ready to work with Southwest, if qualified, as soon as I retire. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight attendand or call center

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee

Hi @judgallegos,

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!  And, thanks for your interest in joining the Southwest family.  The timeline would depend on when you are anticipating your retirement date as both those positions are recruited based on class dates.  We do anticipate to have opportunities for both positions this year.  My recommendation would be to sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/Southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device.  We look forward to seeing your application!

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

dfriend1962
Explorer C

Hello,

I’m sending you this e-mail because I need some help. I was contacted by a lady by the name of Maria Arana Garcia, who set me up with a date and time to do a phone interview. That was scheduled on 3/20/18 at 8:00 a.m. mountain time. Early Tuesday morning (3/20/18) at about 4:00 a.m., my uncle committed suicide and passed away. When I rushed to be with my family early that morning I did not grab my cell phone, and this caused me to miss the call for my interview. As soon as I got back home and was able to get to my phone I called Maria right away and sent her an e-mail, letting her know what was going on. I did not get a reply back to either. Later I received an e-mail stating that I was not answering any messages from Southwest and they were no longer going to go through the application process. I attempted to reach out to Maria many more times before I received that message and after. Due to the nature of why I was not able to do my phone interview that day I was reaching out to Maria to please reschedule me, but like I already stated I never got a response. I’ve been waiting awhile for Southwest to post this opening and I’d do anything to continue on with the application process to be considered for this position. Is there any way you can help me with this, or possibly send this e-mail to you supervisor to review. If you are not someone I can speak to about this issue, can you possibly give me contact information to someone I can speak to about this? I’m also able to go into the actual call center and speak with someone face to face, if need be. Thank you for taking the time to read this e-mail, and I look forward to your response. Have a wonderful day!

Thank You,

Dorise Friend

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @dfriend1962,

We are so sorry to hear of these circumstances. I have provided an answer in your original post, which you can access here. Our thought are with you and your family at this time!

Kelby
Southwest Careers