Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Following up on an application.

fredericwuerth
Explorer C

Good Afternoon,

I submitted an application for the operations agent position at SMF. The application was closed within one day. I am keeping a close eye on my emails, but was wondering if anyone has been able to follow up on an application. I want to make Southwest airlines my career, and I am so excited to be under consideration. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Following up on an application.

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

So it still says Under Consideration?

@fredericwuerth wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I submitted an application for the operations agent position at SMF. The application was closed within one day. I am keeping a close eye on my emails, but was wondering if anyone has been able to follow up on an application. I want to make Southwest airlines my career, and I am so excited to be under consideration. 

fredericwuerth
Explorer C
Solution

It says, application received. Do you have a timeline on when I should expect to hear back? 

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@fredericwuerth wrote:

It says, application received. Do you have a timeline on when I should expect to hear back? 

no it takes them some time they don’t have robots looking at apps it’s all humans 

zxcvb531
Explorer A

It will take some time, they are also working on former employees as well. it took me to 4 months before I got get official date for first day training. I had to get after former southwest employee clearance before interview then backgrounds 3 months then month after sending  my convid 19 vaccination card which final step and former Southwest employee evaluation. 4 months passed before I got official starting date