Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Future flight attendant

Sylvia329
Explorer C

I’ve submitted my application. Waiting and hoping to hear back from SW soon 😄 

My question is. I graduated from high school in Germany, 1980.

I have searched but have not been able to locate my diploma.

1) Is it mandatory to have the actual diploma?

2) Is my Immigration & Neutralization Certification Document considered proof to be able to work in the US? Or is there another document I would need to acquire?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Future flight attendant

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sylvia329,

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest as a Flight Attendant! 

1) Although there are some positions at Southwest that do require an actual copy of your diploma due to TSA regulations, the Flight Attendant position currently does not require an actual copy of the diploma. We may be able to verify education through other sources.

2) Your Immigration & Neutralization Certificate Document could be considered proof of ability to work in the US.  If you have a passport, which is mandatory for the Flight Attendant position, we can also use that. However, the original document must be verified, which will happen on your first day.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Sylvia329
Explorer C

Thank you Kelby

Fortunately I was able to find my diploma so I’m good to go.  Appreciate your comment 😀

Now I’m a little nervous because I have not heard anything from SW recruiters yet and I know they’re getting ready for interviews April 14th

Would you by any chance know anything about how the interview process is scheduled?

Thank you,

Sincerely, 

Sylvia

Amici
Adventurer C

Good Luck, Sylvia! I have a brother who lives in Germany and it is a BEAUTIFUL country! Hope we both get up in the SWA skies!! 

Sylvia329
Explorer C

Hi Amici

Thank you 😊  I wish you luck as well.

Yes I would love to go back one day. 

Out of curiosity,  have you heard anything from SW Recruiting.  Because their training I heard starts April 14th . I keep checking my inbox and voicemail but nothing so far. Getting nervous.

Sylvia