Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ghosted in interview

Indy23
Explorer C

I had a virtual interview scheduled for Wednesday and got stood up lol I literally waited for over an hour on the Microsoft app. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I feel so sick to my stomach, I was so excited for the possibility to work for Southwest. I emailed the recruiter about rescheduling and she asked me when but haven’t received anything back. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ghosted in interview

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I didn't even think that could happen. 😞 

Stay in constant contact with your recruiter and be patient. The replies take a few days. Good luck. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Oh gosh, I'm sorry this is happening. Reach out to any contacts you may have. What position and maybe the community can help get you someone to email, or call to help. I have seen SWA employees reached through here. Look for any post that has a green checkmark in the corner. I think that shows the post or question has been answered or verified by SWA. Then email the responder directly. Try to all have all your dates and communications available to help get you back on track. Let us know. Sending good vibes

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

My bad, I was wrong abt green checkmarks. So sorry I should have done research before I replied. I have seen swa employees response so look through old posts. 

Indy23
Explorer C

The virtual interview was for full time ramp agent in Indianapolis. At this point since that fell through we’ve decided to relocate to Florida. However, we would’ve stayed if I would’ve gotten that job bc southwest is my favorite company and I would love to work for them and then maybe transfer at a later point down south. But now I’m just going to try and hope for an opening down here. I just hope it doesn’t affect anything with getting the chance to interview again later. It would be nice to know what happened 😬 I’ve emailed the recruiter a few times and haven’t got anything back so I’m guessing its just closed. Hopefully I’ll get another chance later. 🤞🏽