Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Glitch with updated minimums?

Jspenc3
Explorer C

Hello, I just applied to the new FO position and I believe I qualify under the new updated minimums of 500TT. Several friends and I received emails tonight to inform us that we don’t meet the minimum requirements. All of us have over 500 hours and are unrestricted ATP holders flying for regionals. Is this email in error? I appreciate your time in reading this and appreciate any feedback as we would all love the opportunity to work here.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Glitch with updated minimums?

czech6
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me, meet the new requirements and was immediately denied. 

BenDenis
Explorer C

Yes, I received the same message immediately after applying. I have over 500 hours of fixed twin turbine, but not 1000. 

kiloalpha
Explorer C

Applied as well... well above minimums and was rejected. I wonder if it had something to do with the Destination 225 question. Obviously not everyone applying has been through that program. 

Defektboy
Explorer C

Honestly this is a pretty accurate foreshadowing of the southwest experience. Our company IT and leadership are severely lacking. Sorry our system is failing you, hopefully they get it figured out and you get the call. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

If you believe there are issues with IT and leadership, have you brought up this concern before?  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

jaceharris92
Explorer C

I, as well as several of my buddies have also had this issue. One of us having the "old" 1,000 hour mins also got denied. Anyone in this forum know if the hiring department is doing anything about this or fixing the issue? possible reset of the hiring window? 

Jspenc3
Explorer C
Solution

My app looks like it is corrected and now shows “in process”

czech6
Explorer C

my app currently shows corrected to "in process" as well